Great Yarmouth Selective Licensing compliance advice

Homesafe are providing Selective Licensing support for Great Yarmouth Borough Council. A key element of the Selective Licensing scheme is that properties receive 3 compliance checks during the 5-year scheme and these are currently scheduled to be  conducted in years 1, 2 and 4. It may be useful to share Homesafes’ previous experiences with you. We

Tenant Fees Act—frequently asked questions

The following are some queries we have received from members about holding deposits, tenancy deposits and other fees. Can I ask a tenant to pay for gardening services? No. You cannot require a tenant to pay for gardening unless this has been included as part of the rent. If a tenant paid a tenancy deposit

Energy Performance Certificate minimum requirements

Under the Energy Efficiency Regulations 2015 the minimum level of energy efficiency for private rented dwellings in England and Wales is EPC band E. Since 1st April 2018 landlords may not grant a new tenancy or renew an existing tenancy for a property rated EPC F or G(unless an exemption applies). The landlord must improve

Domestic abuse in the PRS: A matter of life and death

Nearly two million people in the UK suffer from some form of domestic abuse every year, including more than 100,000 who are at high or imminent risk of being murdered or seriously injured by their partner or ex-partner. With such high numbers, it stands to reason that many landlords are likely to house a victim