REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE EASTERN LANDLORDS ASSOCIATION
- Free help and advice line – our office is small, there are currently three of us Andy, Carol and Angie. Therefore, if you need to call us again it is highly likely that you will be able to speak to the same person. If you need legal advice we have close connections to a local firm of solicitors, (see below).
- Member access to our website for information, forms, template letters etc
- We provide ASTs (£2 a pair) and other paperwork (free set in joining pack)
- We run a tenant find service; we can advertise your property on Zoopla, vet enquiries and then send details to you to arrange your own viewings. FIRST ADVERT FREE FOR NEW MEMBERS
- Tenant credit checks, (£20 per applicant) or credit checks with references, (£30 per applicant), £35 per applicant if a guarantor is required
- Quarterly magazine
- Regular email updates of all issues relevant to a landlord, including dates and times of landlord meetings and events
- ELA branch meetings, with guest speakers, across the region
- Regular courses for landlords
- We are closely associated with Foster’s solicitors who offer our members a discount on their fees
- Discounts with Vincent Burch, mortgage broker
- Discounts also available from Abate pest control, Currys, Birchwood Energy, RCR Fire Services
- We are closely associated with Lovewell Blake a firm of accountants
- We run monthly free 15 min slot legal surgeries, members can attend the office or call in to speak to a solicitor
- Also occasional tax/money related surgeries, same arrangements as for our legal surgeries to speak to an accountant
- We have 2 specialist Landlord insurance providers who give discounts to our members and occasional insurance surgeries
- Tax investigation cover for the named member of the ELA
- Our AGM/Expo is at Wensum Valley Hotel on May 3rd 2019, there are many trade stands, seminars run throughout the day on topics relevant to the private residential landlord and a free lunch!
- £25 Marks & Spencer voucher if you recommend someone who joins the ELA
- The annual membership of £70 is tax deductible
Members receive all of the above benefits.
Membership costs – The annual membership fee is £70