Tel. 01502 218 019 / 0800 988 7133 email: email@example.com
Tel. 01603 262610 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Cover to be against all risks of material loss or damage including accidental damage and subsidence.
2) Student and housing benefit/allowance tenants accepted at normal terms.
3) Loss of rent/alternative accommodation cover provided up to 30% of the buildings sum insured.
4) Property owners’ liability cover up to £5 million per incident.
5) Employers’ liability cover up to £10 million per incident.
6) Up to 90 days full cover for unoccupied properties subject to Unoccupancy condition:
RP55 – Unoccupied Premises
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Policy to the contrary, this Policy does not provide cover in respect of Loss or damage to any Private Residence while it has been unoccupied for more than 90 days caused by:
– Malicious Persons
– Escape of Water from or frost damage to
1) a fixed water installation, drainage installation or heating installation
2) a washing machine, dishwasher, waterbed, refrigerator or deep freeze cabinet
– Theft or attempted Theft
– Glass and Sanitary ware
If any tenanted accommodation forming part of the Building is unoccupied for 30 consecutive days or more whilst untenanted You must ensure that:
a) the gas, electricity and water is turned off at the mains and the water and heating system is drained
b) the Premises are visited at least once every 8 days and written reports are kept following such inspections
c) any defect revealed by an inspection is promptly rectified
d) all perimeter walls, gates and fences are maintained in good order
e) where the Premises remain unoccupied for more than three months all ground floor windows and unnecessary doors are bricked up or boarded over and letter boxes are sealed
7) Cover for HMOs and bed-sit properties at normal terms subject to confirmation from insurers
8) The availability of cover for individual flats and apartments (not buildings cover unless the whole is included).
9) Limited contents cover included free i.e. carpets/floor coverings, curtains/blinds, landlords’ fixtures and fittings and white goods.
10) All types of construction accepted at normal terms (except timber built properties and those with a thatch roof or a mainly felt on timber flat roof).
11) The option to have a non-standard claims excess at a different premium rate.
12) Automatic discounts for larger portfolios.
13) Automatic cover for tenant damage (subject to a £250 excess for accidental damage and a £1,000 excess for malicious damage). Including the option to delete the claims excesses for a small additional charge (currently £26-25 per property annually) thereby removing the need to take a damage deposit.
14) The option to include cover for legal expenses and financial rent payment guarantee, currently £7-80 per property per year (subject to an annual minimum cost of £126 per landlord).
15) Alternative quotations may be offered to members if the alternative quotation is more suited to their requirements, i.e less cover provided.